Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

June Book Reviews

I try to commit to reading at least 5 books a month. It makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something that isn't just binge watching an entire season of House of Cards in 24 hours. These are a few books that I read recently that have stayed with me. I'm always looking for something new to read so if you have any suggestions please leave them for me in the comments! 


Carry On, Warrior: The Power of Embracing your messy, beautiful life- This book. It took me all of 4 hours to breeze through. The author is the voice behind the blog monastery.com. She is hysterical and refreshingly honest about the ups and downs of motherhood, marriage and friendship. Read it. 



Luckiest Girl Alive: This was another book that I devoured. Like it says on the book jacket, if you liked Gone Girl you will love this one too.


The Kitchen House: I read this book a few months ago and I still think about it. It has characters in it that never really leave you.  It's not light reading as it addresses issues of slavery, addiction and abuse but it defiantly moved me. This is a great book club read.


Defending Jacob: This book was a big hit last summer and I put off reading it for awhile. I wasn't blown away by it until the very end. The ending makes the book.


The Vacationers: This book is perfect to take with you on your vacations or to the beach. Very enjoyable/fluffy summer read.




Never Coming Back: Fast moving plot that's perfect for those of you who prefer the thriller genre. Just don't read at night. You probably won't sleep much.



A House in the Sky: Could not put this book down. It makes you want to travel the world and never leave home all at the same time. It's the story about Amanda Lindhout, a photo journalist who gets captured and held for ransom in a war torn Somalia. A true story of survival amid terrifying circumstances.  

No comments:

Post a Comment