Pages

Monday, September 14, 2015

Back to the grind

My goal of keeping this blog updated weekly slipped through the cracks the last month or so of summer. We had back to back vacations and I think I left my sanity on the last trip to Scottsdale. Nothing like having a delayed flight and then sitting on the runway for an hour the night before the kids are supposed to start school! Mom of the year over here. We got home at 2 am and then immediately turned around and went to school at 9. Their poor teachers didn't know what hit them. And if something or someone did physically hit them hopefully it wasn't my 2 years fist. He's going through a bit of a phase.

The first day of school is always really emotional. This is the first year Noah is doing Mothers Day Out and Levi is doing Preschool 4's. I basically have 3 days a week that are kid free for the first time in 4+ years. I did cartwheels cried all the way back to my car. I had no idea what to do with my new freedom. The possibilities were endless. All the things I complained about never being able to do with the kids tagging along, I could finally do. I could listen to Tupac in the car without worrying if Noah was going to pick up a new vocabulary. I could plan out meals for the week and make 1 trip to the grocery store instead of 5 trips because of forgotten items. I could go to the gym and work off the 3 pounds of vacation weight I put on. I could clean my house without Hansel and Gretel leaving a trail of ritz cracker crumbs behind my vacuuming efforts. In reality though I went home and slept, caught up on episodes of Naked and Afraid, got frazzled because there wasn't enough time to go to the store and pick up the kids and my house continued to stay a dog hair ridden pit. Im sure we had take out that night. So much for meal planning.

In all seriousness though I hope my kids really blossom in school this year. I keep seeing all these Facebook posts with moms posting their hopes and dreams for their kids futures. Be compassionate, respectful, giving. Heres what mine would say...

Levi,

You are such a sweet and loving kid. My hopes for you this year are that you learn to say your ABC's and not sing it to the tune of that really annoying girl on the Disney channel who is dressed up like a train conductor. You know the one. 


I also hope that the teachers give you a good head start on math. If you are anything like mommy you will need it. I actually had to ask your dad a fractions question when measuring out waffle mix this morning.
 **side note** Its really sad that I could memorize a Bone Thugs & Harmony song growing up but couldn't recite my times tables to save my life. Also, you will never know who Bone Thugs & Harmony is. -Muah

Noah,

Even though you are not in real school yet I have big dreams for you this year! I really hope you learn what not to do this year. Like bite your friends. I also hope the teachers potty train you so I don't have to. Kidding. Kind of. Also, if they can get you to nap and sit still while eating meals that would be a plus. -Love you, boo.



No comments:

Post a Comment