Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

It's like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder...

I've been listening to the 90's rap station on Pandora for the past few weeks and have come to a few conclusions. Rappers of the 90's/early 2000's were really just stay-at-home moms. Everything else was just a front. Here is my life, as told by some of my faves.

Wake up in the morning. First thing I hear is screaming radiating out of the baby monitors. 
"Get me OUT OF HEREEEEE. I POOPEDDD" -Noah
After letting the dogs out/feeding cat/ making 300 different breakfasts that nobody eats I finally get a chance to sit down and drink my coffee. This is usually about the time the cat jumps on my lap and knocks the coffee all down the front of me. 


Party Up (Up in Here)
DMX

Y'all gon' make me lose my mind
Up in here, up in here
Y'all gon' make me go all out
Up in here, up in here
Y'all gon' make me act a FOOL
Up in here, up in here
Y'all gon' make me lose my cool
Up in here, up in here



Right before nap time is when my brain turns to mush. I've been trying to reason with a 4 and 2 year old all morning. I try and throw something in the crock pot so we have dinner and half way through have to break up a fight and forget about the dinner. Forgetting to hit start on the crock pot is infuriating. You are so close to having your shit together...


Gangsta's Paradise
Coolio

Power and the money, money and the power
Minuet after minuet, hour after hour
Everybody's running, but half of them ain't looking
Whats going on in the kitchen, but I don't know whats cooking
They say I've got to learn but nobody here to teach me
If they can't understand it, how can they reach me
I guess they can't
I guess they won't
I guess they front
That's why I know my life is out of luck fool.


After I put the kids down for naps/quiet time I really have a chance to reflect on my life. 


Crossroads
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony

Hey and we pray, and we pray, and we pray
Everyday, everyday, everyday, everyday
And we pray, and we pray, and we pray
Everyday, everyday, everyday, everyday


Fresh air is good for the soul. We try to make it outside for a little bit in the afternoons. I should know by now that I just shouldn't own nice clothes. It's a losing battle. 5 minutes outside and one of my 2 kids has hurled a shovel full of dirt/rocks down the front of me.


Dirt off your Shoulder
Jay-Z

You gotta get, that, dirt off your shoulder
You gotta get, that, dirt off your shoulder
You gotta get, that, dirt off your shoulder
You gotta get, that, dirt off your shoulder



Dinnertime is what we like to call "the witching hour" around here. No matter how hard I try, this will always be the worst time of day. Something is usually blowing up in the kitchen. The kids are cranky and tired and pick at each other non-stop. The dogs are all up in my business trying to get scraps that fall on the floor. Noah is typically naked in anticipation of bath time and peeing all over the house. But it's 6:30. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. And the end of the tunnel is bedtime. 

The Message
Grandmaster Flash

It's like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder
How I keep from going under
It's like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder
How I keep from going under

Broken glass everywhere
People pi**ing on the stairs, you know they just don't care
I can't take the smell, I can't take the noise no more

Don't push me cause I'm close to the edge
I'm trying not to lose my head, ah huh-huh-huh

Isaac gets home from work and I am typically a raging bitch. That's assuming I'm still alive..."How was your day?" Response:

No Diggity
Blackstreet

Please excuse if I come across rude
That's just me and that's how a players got to be
Stay kickin' game with a capital "G"
Ask the peoples on my block I'm as real as can be


Isaac's response:

I Ain't Mad at Cha
Tupac

I ain't mad at cha

No comments:

Post a Comment